You can do this by following a few simple steps. Most important is that you do NOT notify your current hosting company until after your website is hosted from your current account.
Here is a step by step guide:
- You need a hosting account with VMotion. Click Here to sign up now.
- After the account has been setup, you will receive an account setup email within an hour or two. You can then upload your files and create your email accounts.
- The Welcome email will contain the Name Servers (NS) info, to point the domain to our hosting. Contact the registrar of the domain to accomplish this and wait until the changes have propagated (usually 24 - 48 hours). You will be sent a transfer email once you sign up that will provide you with our name servers.
- After propagation, your domain should be pointing to your new hosting account with VMotion and your website as well as emails should still be up and running without any problems.
- Let a few days pass by just to make sure your domain points to your VMotion hosting account everywhere in the world. You can now cancel your old hosting account with your old hosting company / email provider.